Sun, Dec 18|
Webinar: Wills, Trusts and Generational Wealth Planning
A myth of estate planning is that it’s only for the very old or the extremely wealthy. The truth is that an estate plan is something that every adult over 18 should have in place to protect themselves in the event of death or disability.
Time & Location
Dec 18, 2022, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM PST
About the event
We invite you to join the attorneys of WOOD LEGAL GROUP, LLP for this educational WEBINAR where we’re going to teach the basics of estate planning and asset protection planning in a way that is easy-to-understand and is designed to keep you in the driver’s seat of your life.
We're glad you're here. You've taken a critical step towards protecting your family, by taking the time to learn what you don't know. We find most people don't do an effective and complete estate plan because they didn't KNOW what they needed to do to complete one.
In this presentation, you’ll learn about wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and healthcare directives in a way that’s relevant to you and addresses the unique concerns and challenges that you may be facing, including:
- Why, for most adults, a simple will is not enough to fully protect their assets, safeguard their children, keep their affairs private, and accomplish their estate planning goals (we’ll teach you about a tool that does check all of these boxes instead).
- Why owning assets jointly or putting property in a child’s name is likely a huge mistake—and what to do instead to accomplish your goals in a secure way.
- How to avoid going broke if you (or an aging parent) get sick, become disabled, or need long-term care. We’ll teach you how to protect your nest-egg and stay in complete control.
- Why your home is your most important asset,and why it must be protected NOW if you care about leaving a lasting legacy for your family and future generations.
- How to protect vulnerable beneficiaries from themselves and pass your inheritance down in a way that gives heirs a chance for rehabilitation and not financial harm (e.g. you can use trusts to provide for a child who may have been to jail without the state taking the funds or to create safeguards around money that would go to a child with substance abuse issues).
- How to preserve your estate for your children should you pass away and your surviving spouse gets remarried (without a plan, your family’s inheritance will legally go to the new husband or wife!).
- Parents (and grandparents!) of children with special needs will learn how to plan for a lifetime of care without jeopardizing eligibility for important benefits like Medicaid or SSI.
By the end of our webinar, you will know the types of documents that should be inside of your estate plan to make sure your family and legacy are protected. Don't make your children suffer because of a lack of proper planning. Be the ancestor that builds wealth instead of passing mess and confusion.
Every attendee of the webinar will be offered 50% off a 30-minute ($375 value) strategy call with Attorney Portia Wood.
If you can no longer attend, please let us know ASAP by calling 626-898-9195 so that we may offer the seat to someone on our waitlist.
See you at the Webinar!
Attending this webinar entitles you and your spouse (if applicable) to 50% off of a 30-minute virtual estate planning consultation ($187.50 value) with the Attorney. All consultations must take place within 2 weeks of the webinar date.